23 December 2010

Indie Bound Daily Book Calendar

Last Christmas my sister-in-law Diane gave me a daily tear-off calendar from IndieBound.org,  which represents the American Booksellers Association, an organization of independent book stores.

Each page of the calendar contains something about a work of literature, often in the form of a question with the answer printed upside-down in tiny print at the bottom of the page.

I've had daily tear-off calendars before, often with cartoons on each page, but I've never had one that kept my attention as this one has. As it nears the end of 2010 and the pad has grown very thin indeed, it seems I've begun to notice books that I want to read much more often on its pages. In the last week these books have come to my attention:
  • Ghostwalk, by Rebecca Stott
  • Travels With My Aunt, by Graham Greene
  • The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint, by Barry Udall
  • Fall on Your Knees, by Ann-Marie MacDonald
I look forward to reading every one of these. I haven't picked up a book by Graham Greene in a long time; the other authors are all new to me.

1 comment:

Eric Lester said...

Comment to myself: Forgotten for all this time, I just requested every one of these books from the library. Looking forward to some reading... EL 6 May 2014